Our goal is to help clients minimize their liability and protect their business investments by providing them with effective advice on continually evolving corporate tax laws. We advise on tax planning in connection with corporate formations, conversions of “C” corporations to “S” corporations, recapitalizations, stock transfers, spin-offs, reorganizations, liquidations, and other transactions.
Many of our clients use equity compensation arrangements to attract and retain senior management. As a result we have developed substantial expertise in the structure and use of stock options and equity grants.
We advise our clients of the tax issues involved in:
- stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions
- affiliated group transactions
- issues relating to cancellation of indebtedness income
- the availability of loss carryovers
- other business deductions and credits