The Atlanta trade secrets attorneys at Krevolin & Horst, LLC provide extensive experience in all aspects of trade secrets law. The highly skilled Atlanta trade secrets litigation attorneys at Krevolin & Horst have managed a wide variety of trade secret cases. Our transaction and start-up lawyers are skilled in the development of trade secret protection programs, buying and selling trade secrets, and licensing trade secrets.
A trade secret is considered valuable and useful and its protections often apply to a:
- Business Method
- Business Plan
- Client List
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Manufacturing Technique
- Method of Doing Business
- Physical Product or Device
- Pricing Plan
- Process & Procedure
- Business Know How
The team of Atlanta trade secret attorneys regularly litigate, often on an emergency basis, trade secrets, patents, trademarks, and copyright issues. Atlanta trade secret litigation, trade secret NDA enforcement and patent protection is a substantial portion of our law firm’s practice behind corporate governance, officer and director liability and more. Our Atlanta trade secret trial lawyers have been successful in obtaining preliminary injunctions against former employees and competitors as well as defending trade secret claims in Georgia state and federal courts.
Atlanta Trade Secrets Litigation
Our success in trade secret cases includes:
- We are currently representing The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in trademark/copyright litigation concerning unauthorized use of Oscar markings.
- Summary judgment affirmed on behalf of former employee accused of stealing trade secrets.
- Successful defense of former employees accused of misappropriating trade secrets involving innovative software technology used to start competitive business.
- Krevolin & Horst has had great success in litigating in Federal Court in Virginia the ownership of patents covering an innovative wireless technology.
- In a case that received media attention, Atlanta trade secret lawyer Jeff Horst successfully obtained a temporary restraining order for Atlanta’s largest radio station when a former executive left for a new competitor.
- Attorney Jeff Horst won a case of first impression in the Georgia Supreme Court on a trade secrets issue. Avnet, Inc. v. Wyle Labs., Inc., 263 Ga. 615, 437 S.E.2d 302 (1993) (establishing that the Georgia Trade Secrets Act does not prohibit employees from using what is in their head absent a written non-competition agreement).
- The successful resolution of a copyright and trademark infringement case in federal court in California defending a Georgia corporation.
Krevolin & Horst is focused on corporate and business litigation and trade secret Laws in Georgia. Based in Atlanta, serving clients nationwide. Contact Gerry Balboni, Halsey Knapp, Jeff Horst, or another experienced Atlanta Trade Secrets Lawyer at Krevolin & Horst, LLC.