A data breach or cyber security event, regardless of size, can damage consumer and employee confidence, destroy reputations, put at risk valuable trade secrets, and spark a torrent of litigation. Without guidance, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from internet security matters can be very difficult. Krevolin & Horst’s Data Breach and Cyber Security team, led by veteran technology partner, Gerry Balboni, can provide the assurance and guidance your company needs concerning business data security in a variety of matters.
We have counseled companies and technology providers both pre- and post- breach.
Services for companies include:
- Compliance with state data breach laws
- Cross border data transfers and Privacy Shield registration and compliance
- Proactive development of comprehensive breach response plan
- Recovery from a data breach
Services for technology providers include:
- Compliance with HIPAA, Gramm Leach Bliley Act, and FTC Red Flags Rules
- Development and negotiation of standard contract terms for cloud, SaaS, and software agreements