Lawyers help people, and the rule of law helps lawyers help people. That all starts with civic engagement and political participation. The right to vote, to cast a ballot as intended, and have that ballot counted as cast, with a meaningful result, will not protect itself. This becomes more difficult as technology and politics collide at ever-increasing speed .
We believe there can be no question about ensuring the sanctity of our elections. When voters, communities, associations or organizations voice a concern about election practices, we are prepared to investigate and represent. Our lawyers work to ensure that data, security, technology, equipment, and oversight informing voter registration, voting practices and elections personnel conform to our civil rights and responsibilities in the spirit of our state and our nation.
We can assist with election and political law concerns regarding:
- Administrative investigations, procedures, and hearings
- Election administration
- Elections technology, including voting machines, hardware and software
- Gerrymandering and redistricting
- Legal discrimination and discriminatory practices, policies, or procedures
- Voter indemnification and proof of citizenship
- Voter registration concerns