We are passionate, thorough and focused. We work to prevent disruption to your business and select the most efficient path to resolution without compromising the success of your case. Our clients trust us to successfully handle the smallest to the largest and most complex litigation challenges. Our business litigation practice encompasses a wide variety of complex civil, contract, business tort/RICO, lending, real estate and business disputes, and we have a successful track record representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
We shoot straight. If you want lawyers who will only tell you what they think you want to hear, don’t hire us.
We are creative. Our intellectual acuity and experience helps us see solutions where others don’t.
We are responsive. We return phone calls and emails promptly and keep you informed.
We are experienced. How can someone advise you about litigation and its attendant risks and cost when they’ve never tried a case?
We are cost effective. We run a tight ship and won’t overstaff your case or churn out useless memos to the file.
Trial & Alternative Resolution
- Reach – We handle all sizes and complexity of cases serving as local and lead counsel across the US, including in Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Virginia and other states.
- Trial frequency – We regularly try cases before federal and state courts and arbitration panels.
- Prestigious insider experience – Nearly all of our litigators served in the highly coveted position of law clerk to a federal judge. Our perspective is from both sides of the bench.
- Alternative dispute resolution – We know how costly trials can be so we take a practical approach to each case and examine all options to resolve your case outside of the courtroom while still achieving favorable results.
High Stakes, High Profile
We handle with discretion and care high profile matters that have earned coverage in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Tampa Tribune, Raleigh News & Observer, Gainesville Times, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and the Fulton County Daily Report among others.
A Reputation for Winning
Our attorneys are recognized for their quality in both peer and client reviews. We consistently rank highly in the Top 100 Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Super Lawyers. Rising Stars, Best Lawyers in America, Best Law Firms in America, and Legal Elite. Jeff Horst and Halsey Knapp, who lead our litigation team, are also named by Chambers & Partners, a rare achievement for a boutique firm. Jeff has also served as a principal trial lawyer in a jury trial selected by the National Law Journal as top defense verdict of the year.
We handle disputes related to:
- Business Divorces
- Business Litigation
- Business Torts / RICO
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Internal Investigations
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Crisis Management and Negotiations
- Director and Officer Liability
- Employment Law
- Entertainment Law
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Insurance Disputes
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Lending Litigation
- Liability Defense
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trade Secrets